Friday, November 17, 2006

open water

is a disturbing and upsetting movie. I saw it last night. Phil said it was a scary movie. I found it utterly depressing.

I was with him when he bought the movie, and the guy at Tower was like, "Dude. You liked that movie? I thought that thing was so boring". That guy can't see the ultimate creepiness of something real...and something based on a true story.

The movie made an impact on me, similar to The Vanishing and Happiness. I wish I could forget it, but I probably never will.

The only good thing that came from watching it was a renewed love for Mike. Imagining myself in that situation and knowing exactly how Mike would act, reminded me of one of the main reasons I married him: stability. And during one of the parts I couldn't stand (when I ran off to the kitchen), and I just kept having this vision of Mike as a rock. I realized how much he actually takes care of me, and that without him, I would be a mess.

Unfortunately, the main thought the movie left me with was death. After the movie I told Phil that I was petrified to die.(I will not detail the conversation here in case anyone reading this wants to see this film). He told me he didn't have a problem with death. He just thought it would be like going to sleep.

3 Comments:

At 12:41 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I remember seeing a preview for that movie and thinking "why would anyone want to see that?" It seemed like watching someone getting tortured.
I'm afraid to die, too.
jb

 
At 2:13 PM, Blogger ctf said...

I saw it too...and it WAS depressing,

I am not so afraid of dying as I am of my family dying first. I selfishly have always hoped we'd all die together in a car crash or something. Yeah, I know... morbid and weird...and selfish.

 
At 10:40 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ugh. I can't believe you even tried watching it. It sounds like torture to me. I, too, am terrified of dying. Though perhaps more so of aging and becoming decrepit. It's become like a serious obsession.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home