Sunday, February 04, 2007

Anarchy in the...

Downloading music can prove to be a complete waste of an afternoon. I typed in a few songs that I never get sick of (Madam Me by Alkaline Trio, Blister by Jimmy Eat World) and found a message board of people discussing music they never get sick of. I quickly downloaded everything they listed -- and as much of it as possible.

Then, I listened, to song after awful emo punk song. And I realized that truly age plays a part of what people enjoy listening to. When my music king housemate came home and I named a few of the bands that proved disasterous, he said "You must have been on a really young message board". I felt justified in my conclusion. I HATE emo.

Lately, I am addicted like a drug addict to downloading music -- both new and old. So far, I've only found one song and one band myself (that my music friends haven't lead me to) and it's not even that good. I'm working hard to create a CD of songs I never get sick of and also a Gym Mix 2007 because by summer I want to be back at the gym and done with smoking.

Included on Gym Mix 2007 are: Blister (Jimmy Eat World) Mr. Brightside (Killers, King of Carrot Flowers (Neutral Milk Hotel), Anarchy in the UK (acoustic -- I'm not sure if it's even the Sex Pistols that did the acoustic version). As for the world's best Mix, I'm having a hard time deciphering the 4's from the 5's (stars). This is boring but it's where I'm at. Every second I get, I return to my music collection and rate songs and try to hear the bands I've always heard of but never actually heard. I feel like I'm educating myself.

So, I have a gym crew of 4 people that are willing to go with me. And I've developed a design team of 3 that are willing to take classes with me. I know design, but I don't know the right way to do any of it, so Mike always has to redo certain things I do. I want to learn from scratch InDesign, Quark, Photoshop and Dreamweaver.

Today is busy. We're leaving for Los Angeles tomorrow for 2 weeks.Audrey is having her baby and we're going out there to see the kid and to support the store. Today is also Godparents Day so we have to go to Greek Church and then I have a meeting at 3. In the meantime, the Fair Trade stuff is going great. We're getting a lot of response -- in everything.

Okay. I better get ready to go. We're all sick.

*** Images above are the insert and disk image of an album I just designed. Don't enlarge and read it. The words are completely offensive, but I was happy with my impossible treatment of way too much text.***

1 Comments:

At 1:01 PM, Blogger ctf said...

i've been going to the gym with a couple of girls (younger and in better shape than me... but oh well). We don't always go together... but try to at least once a week. It helps. I have more energy lately

 

Post a Comment

<< Home