Sunday, July 06, 2008

In memory of Andrea

I knew her a long time ago, and not very well. But I've been reading her blog on and off for awhile now, and her passing has me saddened in a very quiet and alone way. It's amazing to me how much her last words have changed the way I'm thinking -- and about everything. I feel peace in the air right now. Everything feels so dark and quiet and unfamiliar to me, but I feel a sense of peace for her.

I am not even going to read any of the trivial things I wrote about on the page that's showing because my obsession with small things is disgusting to me. God is so great, so amazing and so strong. I feel that Andrea did more for a deep understanding of life than anything else in a very, very long time. She is a hero to me for her incredible strength and power and is in a league with only three others.

I really don't know how it works when you die, but I have a sense that, even though she's not seeing or hearing exactly what people are saying, that she knows or senses the things she has done. So going with this, I want to make it known to the world that Andrea Collins Smith was an amazing person with an ability to do more during her final days than many people do in their entire lives.

Thank you God.

1 Comments:

At 1:56 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I didn't know her either, but I'm inspired by, and deeply admire, her peace and clarity in the face of death.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home