Monday, May 12, 2008

I had the best mother's day!

At about 10am yesterday and Mike and Emmett went into the basement for about 15 minutes and came up. Emmett ran over to me with a little bouquet of daisies and baby's breath. And behind him was Mike holding a big bouquet of daisies and orange Gerber daisies. And Emmett said "Here Mommy. Look. Here are some presents". And Emmett helped to wrap all his presents for me. A glass magnet, a beautiful little bag, a hair band and a bar of soap. And he made me a beautiful little card that said "I love you". Later, we went through all the presents. He unwrapped them from the plastic and had me put them out, telling me the benefits of each.

Mike gave me 2 boxes and told me to pick one. Both had beautiful, beautiful Anthropolgie clothes. The first box had a brown tank top with an earthy, 70's style color rainbow around the shoulders and a super cool red skirt that's not too old or too young. The second box had a beautiful, beautiful red and cream Lithe dress. I love them both.

We got ready and I asked if they would all be willing to wear the same shirt as me and Mike (reluctantly) said okay, and we went to lunch at a cafe having a special Mother's Day luncheon. It was wonderful. On the table was a caraffe of coffee and fresh squeezed orange juice. I got an omelette with spinach and goatcheese a mixed greens salad and desert.

It was a total blessing for me. I've written this before and I'll write it again. Mother's Day means more to me than my birthday and this has been the best ever. I feel totally blessed and loved.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home