Friday, June 15, 2007

I said to Wayne the other day

"You know, life is really a lot better with an addiction". Wayne actually agreed with me. I've been an addictive type of person my entire life. I find very little freedom in a "lack" of addiction excpect for the fact that it's healthier for me. My addiction to projects and being overly busy never feels like an addiction because it's healthy. But actually, I think I operate my entire life around addiction. I'm going to analye this here, because I haven't thought about this until right now:

1) Coffee-Drink it every day. Definite addiction
2) Email/Myspace-Definite addiction, but not as bad right now
3) Shower-Small addiction, but if I don't get one I'm unhappy
4) Phone Calls-Unless Im really busy, I have a small addiction to my afternoon phone call from my friend during lunch.
5) Crosswords-Very tiny addiction to crossword puzzzles from Star magazine before bed

Okay. I don't think I operate my life on addictions now that I made that list. I think what I'm realizing is that some of these things are called "habits" (am I slow right now or what), but in reality, they're just small versions of addiction without the negative connotation. Like I could give them up. So I wonder, is any relationship free of addiction to the person?

I totally believe that life is best with at least one really strong addiction. I'm not saying it's healthy, but it's more fun getting through.

1 Comments:

At 8:22 AM, Blogger AWStiles said...

I guess I feel like it's good in a way in that it can be a distraction. For people Like Us (and I'm doing it this morning) who obsess about things and drive ourselves crazy with repetitive thoughts, we might need that to not go completely bonkers. That dumb tv show after work, that bike ride, that piece of fried chicken, they all distract me from some things I might not be able to handle at that immediate moment. I wish I had a distraction last night.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home