Wednesday, April 25, 2007

I miss


being 10 years old and roller skating. In fact, I just miss being 10. When people wish they could go back in time and become 16 or 21 again, I don't get it. I wish I were 10 again. I miss going with my youth group to these group events like skiing and weekend retreats. I miss playing suicide on the wall of my old house. I miss my old house, as creepy as it was. I miss Upper Darby and walking through naylors Run to get to my high school. I miss the little dance I used to do with my sister in the mirror. I miss sitting in my parent's kitchen, with my two friends, "rapping" and making bead necklaces.

Warm weather makes me feel romantic or nostalgic. I go into this weird "alone" kind of pleasure, and every single memory feels so important.

4 Comments:

At 2:36 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I loved that old house. God, there was something magical about it. I miss the attic. I miss watching movies in the the little side porch TV room. I miss the dimly lit kitchen. The red downstairs bathroom. Aud's room with the Man Ray eyelash poster. I wish neither of our parents had sold their houses. I wish we could go back to these spaces. I resent that they're gone. I miss you. I miss being 20 with you and reading the Little Engine That Could aloud while marching around campus (was there also a boom box involved?). That was pretty awesome too.

 
At 9:19 PM, Blogger FH said...

I remember suicide. That was fine. We used to play it on my neighbor's brick wall.

 
At 7:12 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

"I miss going with my youth group to these group events like skiing and weekend retreats."

With what youth group were you involved?

 
At 9:01 AM, Blogger sabbeth said...

We were involved in a youth group called Pax Deo. It was a Christian youth group at my church, and we always went on trips to fun places...

(elisabeth)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home