Thursday, March 29, 2007

I'm getting caught in


a whirlwind of too much. Too much is happening and I don't physically have enough time to handle it.

We are in a house that's too small and more people need to move in -- really NEED to move in, and figuring this out is almost impossible. We're going to look at another house tomorrow. I feel this, bringing people into our environment, is something that I want -- but beyond that, that God calls me to. I can't get into the situation I'm talking about now, but there is an urgency to accommodate another person, and I have to figure out how to make this work for the summer. I'm not willing to ask either of my roomates to leave. They are part of my daily joy.

Everything feels so urgent.We're actually looking at buying another house. We're talking about building an addition. But where is this money coming from? We're living on our savings and we don't have much time left.

In the meantime, I have a freelance project that's going over budget and this is akward with my client. She's already invested a lot.

We are trying to get a new table for the kitchen. I have a friend visiting for a week to work on Living Wage, which I can't wait for, but I wish I could be thinking about more. My tooth hurts. I'm not sleeping enough, eating right...I'm not sweeping the front step, which is important here. Every room in our house needs to be cleaned and organized. Everything EVERYTHING needs my attention. I have a rebate to use. A gift certifcate that's about to expire. And I'm not being an attentive friend lately to the people I love.

On the business side, we have a lot to do in a very short amount of time. Our soft launch is this August, and we haven't even selected our manufacturer. And in the background of all this is a child that's growing, thinking, feeling and needs my attention. This continues to be my first priority, but I'm getting tired.

I woke up at 3:30 this morning. I am forcing time into sleeping hours because I don't have any.

I need to pray. I need to find a church. I need to get sneakers and get a haircut and cover my gray hair. We have a meeting and a show in New York. This weekend I'm making cookies for an Easter Egg Hunt and my neice and her kid might be coming into town. Emmett and I are meeting a friend and her kids for coffee in an hour. I'm working on a band project tonight. I'm still in my pajamas. I didn't watch Lost last night. I didn't wash my face before I went to bed.

It's way too much.

I feel like I just dropped my ski poles and am standing up straight -- heading down a gigantic mountain.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home