Wednesday, March 14, 2007

what a perfect

birthday I had yesterday. Every single wish...every single call...every single bit of excitement came as a surprise. I was so relaxed about it, that I (literally) expected nothing from anyone. And I am so thankful and so blessed by everyone that cares so much to do anything despite all of my negativity about my birthday this year.

Specifically, thank you Phil for making my morning with happiness and a new mix cd featuring warped pictures of me and a bunch of songs I never heard before. Thank you Mike for making my afternoon by letting me take a nap, then cleaning out the van, and instaling a new CD player in the van and giving me The Blow CD. Thank you Wayne, for being so happy all day, giving me soda, and the present that I know is coming. Thank you Jessica & Colin for making a party for me, for bringing the weird and awesome cake, for the Star Magazine subscription and for the new Weeds CD -- you guys made it an event and had happiness that spread to me. Thank you Seph for the new mix CD which was completely unexpected and that I'm listening to now. Thank you Allie for adding the visuals to our night with the birthday dance video, which, by the way, shows me that you're a kick-ass dancer. And thank you Emmett for helping me blow out the candles, for getting so excited when I opened your presents, and for the delicious chocolates and sharpie markers. You are the best kid ever. I can't believe I get to live with you for like 20 more years.

I am so, so lucky to have all of you. I'm so lucky to have friends that are more like family. I love you all so much. I am so grateful, so blessed and so, so thankful.

__________________________________________________________________________________________

The other awesome thing that happened yesterday, was that Phil and I went up to Moore & University of the Arts to interview the schools about the certificate-based design programs they're offering. In the end, we decided on University of the Arts. We're going to each get a certification in Print Design and possibly Web Design also. I'm so, SO excited to learn the programs the right way and to be able to do what I want without depending on Mike to help me. Our classes start in May. I'm obsessed with thinking about this.

Today I have a meeting, a doctor's appointment and have a bunch of things to do for Living Wage. It is a beautiful day. I love life.

2 Comments:

At 10:09 PM, Blogger FH said...

Sounds like it was a good one.

 
At 10:13 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are so welcome, sweetheart! I'm really glad it was a great day for you.
xoxoxo

jb

 

Post a Comment

<< Home