Monday, July 02, 2007

Here's my list for today

Call:
• Wayne- Okay having Nate on 4th (done)
• M Card/B Republic
• Mom - Dianes
Clean:
• Bathrooms
Do:
• Charge old cell
• Fill out ticket info (done)
• Check for Ana
• Send Aunt Flo card
• Uncle Peter - Gift?
• Emmett Bath
• Grad Check - Jesse
• Genuardis Order

I would also like to address my last request for people to tell me who they are. The truth is, it's okay if you don't want to. I don't really care that much. I don't want to make anyone feel like they're not allowed to read this blog. I don't want it to be private, that's why I have it up here. And that's something I've been really thinking about lately. There is something in saying things honestly -- outloud, instead of pretending they're not happening. There's something about allowing people to see you as imperfect, instead of trying and pretending to be perfect.

Here's a funny story
(I've told this story about a million times).
When Phil and I began taking our class together, we sat next to each other (of course) in the computer room. It was set up in a square, and the desks went around the parameter of the room. On the first day, I was joking with Phil and writing his name in cursive with hearts and stars all over my computer screen (and laughing). But I realized that everyone in the class could see my computer screen. It looked like I was "in love" (in a very girlish way) with my boyfriend that I was taking the class with.

As you can imagine, there was nothing I could do about this besides erase it. I couldn't stand up and make an announcment to the class that Phil was just my housemate and that I was married with a kid. It turned out not to matter. There weren't really any pretty girls in the class...until we noticed the redhead. She was the only girl in the class with potential. I cut class one week and phil said he talked to her.

After one of our last classes, she warmed up to me and started a conversation. I was participating and so was Phil -- but I was barely participating. I was waiting, like a hunter, for an opportunity to clear Phil of any connection to me, very clearly pregnant at that point. And brilliantly, I figured it out!

Me: "So, where do you live"? I asked
Girl: "Oh, I live in West Philly. Where do you guys live?"
Me: "Oh, we're not boyfriend and girlfriend at all! This is just my housemate. I have a separate husband that's the father of my baby and everything"...
Phil: "Yeah. Not my baby".
(Pause)
Me: "But yeah, we live in South Philly".

2 Comments:

At 9:24 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's Jess. I read the blog and usu. post comments w/ my initials b/c I'm too lazy to log on.

jb

 
At 8:17 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Funny story. I just caught up on your blog because I haven't had internet for over a month. I read your blog.

Faith

 

Post a Comment

<< Home