Monday, October 27, 2008

Emmett. Ethan. Mike. Me. The Dead Milkmen.

Last night was the Dead Milkmen show, and I went out. It was amazing to see that band perform and is probably the last time I'll ever get to see them. I miss hearing them- Audrey, do you remember? We were so little -- like 12 or 13, and we walked into The Balcony, completely not knowing what we were doing and picked up Eat Your Paisely and bought it and listened to it over and over again. I was in the front, using my shortness as a reason to get in front of overweight 35 year old men. And it was just like the old days...a moving crowd, swaying back and forth -- pushing right and left and I miss that. I always loved that kind of movement. Before that, my friend Justin's band Northern Liberties played, and they were also amazing.

So many things have happened over the past few months, but most notably, I was involved in a crazy situation with a really crazy girl, and that lasted about a week. Now she's apologizing, but I'm resolute to stay away. There are certain things that you can't take back. Time is the ultimate healer because in it, there's proof.

Emmett and Ethan are still the joys of my life.
I spend way too much time on the phone.
Tonight is Jessica's birthday and we're going to a hayride.
I found out a woman I worked with died. She was 61.
I feel like I can't be normal. As hard as I try, I'm dealing with this independence thing like a lion tamer and I fail continuously. I just hope my family is not affected by my problems. I worry about them incessently.
I adore my friends. My house is too small. I hate luke warm coffee. Ethan has been talking for 1/2 hour. I should go get him.

2 Comments:

At 10:46 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

of course I remember. It was vinyl and eventually we upgraded to csssete tapes. We were so cool because we discovered it on our own! I still have all of the songs memorized.

 
At 4:09 PM, Blogger jennifer said...

When will there be a new blog?

Please?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home