Thursday, June 30, 2005

Yesterday,


Thunderstorm
Originally uploaded by elisabethie.
I decided to take Emmett to the mall with my grandmother, my aunt and my mom. We were only supposed to go for about an hour or so, becuase my mom wanted to go into her new favorite store (Christopher & Banks -- the perfect "mom" store).

At 2:00, and after buying Emmett two monster trucks and myself like 5 pairs of H&M pants, I decided Emmett and I needed to leave. It was looking kind of rainy out and Emmett needed to take a nap.

I kissed everyone goodbye and took Emmett out to the parking lot where I thought we were parked (in the middle) and all of the sudden, it started PELTING rain on us. I was too far to "go back" and could not find the car. Within a minute we were both drenched and I was running with a crying Emmett through the parking lot. As I ran, it made him cry harder because the rain was sharp and beating into his stroller.

I found the car and threw the bags in and my ring got stuck and I couldn't get it free. Emmett started balling, like he thought he was going to drown. I got him into the back seat, both of us drenched and changed him into the new shirt my grandmother bought him. He was looking at me like "What was that mom". And then, we sat in the back for about 5 minutes, talking about how hard the rain was coming down and our experience, and we kind of bonded.

I got into the front seat and the sun came out. I opened the windows and called my friend to tell her about what happened. During our conversation, it started raining again, really hard. I glanced back at Emmett a few minutes after the rain to find him looking down at his right arm with a furrowed brow as the rain was gushing in on him from the open window.

In other news, here's something funny to read.

1 Comments:

At 10:42 PM, Blogger Love Hobo Chic said...

I can totally picture it!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home