Wednesday, June 15, 2005

I am so weird.


Nadine Hurley from Twin Peaks
Originally uploaded by elisabethie.

And today, I was weirder than ever. At the gym, I was running so cooley on my treadmill...just getting into the beat of my walkman, when all of the sudden, my stiff arm (poised just like a runner's), hit the wire of my walkman, causing it to cover my eye and I almost fell off the treadmill.

I composed myself, trying to not make it too big of a deal, and found myself struggling with the walkman the entire workout. But that was OK.

It was when I got to the market that I started acting like an insane person. I was dropping things, crashing Emmett into things (and people), talking to Ana when she was very far away (like an old lady would), putting laundry detergent on bread etc. etc. The climax was me, walking into the in-store cafe where ana was sitting, and crashing into her table with the "car Cart" that Emmett was in (cart with a kid's car stuck on the front that the kid sits in and steers). The entire place looked at me like I was insane...in my neon pink sweat pants.

Last night, I was even weirder as I went to this hipster show with ana. At first, I was trying to be cool...you know the stance. The looks. Then I realized that I'm older and I should have fun. I went into full on dork mode, fully embarassing a relaxed Ana. Finally, I went into dance mode (alone) and the band kept stopping their songs abruptly.

All this to say, Ana declared that I remind her of one of the weirdest characters in the world.

Nadine.

3 Comments:

At 3:21 PM, Blogger sabbeth said...

I love drapes.

 
At 5:55 PM, Blogger sabbeth said...

It could be called "The most boring TV show on earth".

 
At 12:05 PM, Blogger AWStiles said...

those car carts are a be-yotch, cause they are so hard to manuever, it is like driving a tank to go pick up milk, juice , and apples. great story .

 

Post a Comment

<< Home