Monday, June 06, 2005

I'm not a natural

person -- or at least I haven't considered myself to be in my adult life. I am extremely afraid of bugs and don't like getting dirty. I feel bored taking walks etc.

But this weekend, we went on a camping trip and I found myself appreciating nature and the woods. My favorite part was driving around, just looking at small towns and remembering the brief stint of living in my college town-- a small town, and missing that feeling.

There's something really nice about being "stuck" with people. About just accepting different kinds of people for what they are and not having a choice of who to hang out with.

I'm finding myself becoming more attracted to smaller towns, and the idea of Emmett being able to hear birds and go into the woods. I'm starting to feel a little less selfish and wonder if its time to just give in and become Emmett's mom first, and Elisabeth second. That my world would revolve around him instead of around both of us.

Here was the weekend:


4 hour drive to "World's End" Campground, and stuck in traffic for an extra hour. Arrived after 1AM. Stayed up very late (3AM) & got up early due to excited Emmett (9am) and had sluggish morning. We woke everyone else up and no one was mad about it.
Everyone went hiking, Emmett went to bed and I continued reading my Brooke Shields book, which is offering me more therapy than any self-help book ever could. When everyone came back, we had a BBQ (over an open flame) and went in to "town" but there was no town. We stayed up by the campfire and went to sleep.

The next morning, we woke up with an hour to be out of there. We made it and hung out at this general store for like 2.5 hours. We ate breakfast there, went into the pond, hung out on the bench -- I almost bought a t-shirt that said "Forksville General Store" with a picture of sparkley deer on it.

After parting ways with a very tired (and itchy) Colin and Jess, we started driving home but decided to stop at Koenobles (the worlds BEST amusement park) and stayed there for like 4 hours. Emmett went on rides....Ana and Kyle went on the log flume...I went on the Tilt-a-whirl twice, which incidentally is a very satisfying ride.

We drove to Centralia (the town that's on fire) and kind of explored small towns. Then we came home...and that was tough. Emmett was tired and cranky.

I really liked being out there.

3 Comments:

At 8:49 PM, Blogger ctf said...

Sounds like good times. I wish I could have gone. I feel like I have no control of my schedule until like October!!!

 
At 1:36 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i am so excited to read about your adventures and so sad to have missed it. I would do anything for that sparkley deer shirt- (by the way). anyway, i look frward to seeing lots of pictures. *A

 
At 1:35 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

With every obsessive re-check of this blog for new posts, I see the title of this post and get the song "YOU MAKE ME FEEL....LIKE. A. NAT.U.RAL. WO-MAN." in my head. Thanks a lot.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home