Thursday, June 09, 2005

There are certain songs

B0002858YS.01.THUMBZZZ
B0002858YS.01.THUMBZZZ,
originally uploaded by elisabethie.
that make me feel euphoric. With these songs, I love driving as fast as I can in the car, and belting out the lyrics. They make me feel like I'm really young, carefree and literally exhillerated. It's one of my favorite feelings ever -- almost compoarable to infatuation. Its something that can be achived for me by nothing else besides love.

Examples of a few:

Killers - Mr.Brightside
Jimmy Eat World - Blister
Fifteen - Petroleum Distillation


And there are so many others. Some are slow. Some are fast.

I'm continuously trying to figure out what it is that makes those song able to bring that out in me. It's like magic.

I'm interested in knowing if anyone else feels this way with certain songs -- and what songs they are.

3 Comments:

At 12:59 PM, Blogger sabbeth said...

F-There are certain Radiohead songs that do that for me too. Specifically Fake Plastic Trees (especially the acoustic version). I'll try the title track on The Bends and see if it works.

I love the idea of a 3song exhilleration CD. It will be hard to pick, but I'm seriously into it.

 
At 1:44 PM, Blogger ctf said...

Off the top of my head...Exit by U2. For me it has a lot to do with the driving build in a song. Also, "Dont This Way" by Seventy Sevens...which is very funny because neither one of them are happy songs.

 
At 11:18 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Last Splash" by the Breeders still makes me INSANE. Of course, that's because I was in college when it came out, racing around the hilly fields of the Lehigh Valley in my red Nissan in the summer with so-cool, shaved-head Beth Paolini napping next to me.
But there are so many others. I feel like I can smell, taste, eat these songs.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home