Sunday, March 05, 2006

I keep dropping


my bar soap in the shower. I've started a list of weird things I notice that are changing as I get older, and this is one of them. The list is in "progress", but this is one I can't help singling out. I'm looking for ANY possible reason why this is.

I must drop the soap 10 times (sometimes more) every single day. I don't know how this plays into aging. Is there something with skin or grip? It is completely bizzare. I've even intentionally spent time trying not to drop it, and I am unable. I haven't changed my soap. I am looking for any thoughts on this matter. Here are a few things to consider:

1. I use Lever 2000
2. I don't use a washcloth. I use one of those scrubby things.
3. The slipping soap doesn't happen at any particular time. It happens througout the entire shower.
4. I have a clawfoot shower and a detachable spray showerhead, if this has any bearing at all.

If anyone can figure out how I can stop dropping the soap (which makes a very loud bang every time), I will give you a free bar of soap.

4 Comments:

At 4:23 PM, Blogger sabbeth said...

I don't think so...but maybe I do. I need to find out what the symptoms are for that. I don't really have pain in my hands.

 
At 10:36 AM, Blogger the fraeulein said...

I normally use liquid soap, but when I do use bar soap, I also drop it. Personally, I've noticed my fingers are more stiff than they used to be, I think from all the typing. maybe it's the same for you?

 
At 4:27 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Elisabeth,

It's Jenn. I thought I posted earlier, but clearly did not. I'm connected to a new freelance job that I think you'd be good for. Don't know if you're looking, but...worth a shot.
Email me at jennifer_romolini@condenast.com and I'll give you the details.

 
At 10:03 PM, Blogger Love Hobo Chic said...

your distracted by something mentally. new house, baby, husband...$$$?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home