Wednesday, September 14, 2005

This is what it feels like to own a house.


Playing
Originally uploaded by elisabethie.
In a lot of ways, Mike and I are just playing. We're pretending things are there that aren't. We're pretending we have a million dollars to redo things. And we're spending hours and hours talking about what happens if we change something. And it's so fun to be back in a project with Mike again.

I can say honestly and from the bottom of my heart, that I love this house. Despite the old lady style and the fake fireplace (which has since been removed). Every morning I wake up at 7 (or earlier) because I'm so happy with my life.

For awhile, I began to believe that the problem with living in Adale was me and not the actual town we were in. But truly, it was location.

For some people, the "house" is most important. Having a ton of space or beautiful architecture etc. For me, it's 100% about the location. I love going outside. I love my backyard. And I love making this place exactly as we want it.

Anyway, I better go. There's lots to do. I just wanted to say hi.

3 Comments:

At 10:18 AM, Blogger the fraeulein said...

I am so, so happy to hear you sounding so joyful in your new place and with your new life. You really deserve this!

 
At 7:39 PM, Blogger Love Hobo Chic said...

i agree with fraeu

 
At 2:09 PM, Blogger the fraeulein said...

nobody blogs anymore since you stopped. not your fault, but it sucks.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home