Tuesday, June 01, 2004

Sitting around eating low carb chocolates.

Is this the plight of motherhood?Perpetually trying to get back to pre-prepregnancy weight but being so bored and, at times, so unsatisfied that all you want to do is eat?

All I do is crave these maltose chocolates that don't digest. Literally. I'm up all night with an explosive intestine but somehow it's worth it. I haven't eaten real chocolate in 2 months. But I'm paying for it.

Yesterday was fine with Emmett. We were busy. We went to the gym...then to Gymboree....then 2 grocery stores.

The gym was anti-climatic except that I want to stay longer. The lady at the gym said 45 minutes was about as long as Emmett couild stand...but she said that like 3 months ago. I want to go for like 1-2 hours.

After we got home, I dealt with Christening nightmare stuff. The lady that I was dealijng with was apparantly fired. The prices she gave me were 4.95 less expensive than they actually will be per person. And because we know the owner, I don't want to offend him by pressing the issue. It's complicated and Mike and I just decided to deal with whatever happens.

Because I was on the phone for so long, I didn't get to shower and went to Gymboree still "gymmy" with dried sweat, which I thought made me look cute. I dont' smell when I sweat. I'm not being all holier than thou...it's just the truth.

At Gymboree there was this new teacher. I really miss Meghan. She was so great and I didn't realize how great she was until she was gone. (She was young...like 23 or something). This new teacher was more mom-focused. Meghan was more baby focused. Anyway, the question came up "Do you feel you have adjusted to motherhood" and it came my turn to answer it. Oddly, I was very honest. I said that I've adjusted to the routine of motherhood, but I haven't adjusted to finding my worth in something other than what I do for a living. And that equating my value with motherhood was hard for me.
The teacher loves me now because I'm so real. I felt like she actually wanted to be my friend because I said that.

I am in love with Mike these days. One of the things I want to do for him is cook things he likes. So, yesterday, I decided to make burritos. I took Emmett to Acme after Gymboree. No sales. But he was so sweet and good the whole time. At one point, while I was walking into the Acme, I saw this woman. She was a pretty old woman, with white hair and makeup that wasn't smeary. She smiled at Emmett and I walked into the store foyer and was playing with Emmett (there was no one inside). I was pushing him around and talking to him. All of the sudden, I realized that woman was behind me and that I was blocking the door. She smiled and said "Oh, I know you're playing with your baby. It's OK". I decided to go to Giant after that to get the rest of the things I needed. AGain, I was having a blast with Emmett....running him through the aisles etc.

I came home, cleaned and started making dinner. But I realized I'd left an entire bag of groceries at the store. I called them and they said I could come back and get the items. They'd foundthe bag and put the things away.

Mike came home and liked the burritos and then we went out and got the groceries. The rest of teh night was reflective. Mike read the Orthodox book (for our class) and I worked on finding a father's day gift for him. Then he worked on the movie.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home